Bukovinian State Medical University, Ukraine
Bukovinian State Medical University is the higher educational establishment in Chernivtsi, Ukraine. It was founded in the year 1944. The university has trained 25000 specialists in various discipline like General Medicine, Pediatrics, Medical Psychology, Stomatology, Pharmacy.
It is one of the multicultural educational institution accredited by WHO, Magna Charta Universitatum, Association of Carpathian region with qualified training as per grade system of education.The foundation is associated with names of well-known scientists.
The universities graduates enhance their skills in Medical, Educational, Pharmaceutical, Social and Cultural Spheres. The university organizes the online lectures by a well-known scientist for students from Ukraine and abroad also.
The Bukovinian State Medical University has 27 clinical sectors including 17 therapeutic establishments and 10 municipal sectors.The university itself is a recognized member of International university association, European University Association.
Bukovinian State Medical University – Quick Highlights
|Last Date to Apply||August, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Fee||$ 4700 per year|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Education||English & European|
|Recognition of Universities||MCI & WHO Approved|
|Ranking of University||Ukraine Ranking – 28
World Ranking – 4636
Benefits of Studying MBBS Course in Bukovinian Medical University
- Cultural exposure is provided for an international student who come to study MBBS at BSMU.
- Snack bars and cafes are located in the campus of the university.
- The cost of living for MBBS students in Ukraine is quite affordable.
- Student exchange programs with countries like Russia, Germany, Poland, USA are organized by Bukovinian State Medical University.
- At BSMU, tuition fees is low. So, it is easy for a student to get an admission in the university.
- Bukovinian State Medical University provides an opportunity for students to enhance their knowledge and vision.
- Student from BSMU can work in leading scientific research labs with reputed scientists and practitioner.
- There is employment assistance provided to each graduate with aid of Bukovinian State Medical University.
Bukovinian State Medical University – Fee Structure 2020
|Fee in USD (approx)||$ 4,700|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.3,29,000|
|Hostel & Food in Rupees(approx)||Rs.40,000|
Note: 1$= Rs.70(It may vary)
Faculties offered: Bukovinian State Medical University
At Bukovinian State Medical University, training is provided to Medical faculty within 6 years and to the stomatological faculty is about 5 years.
- Faculty of advanced Medical Studies
- Preparatory Faculty
Faculties of Postgraduate Studies
The primary task of faculties of Postgraduate studies at BSMU:
- Obtaining the degree of Master of Medicine in the certain specialist by physician and pharmacists
- Inaugurating the high medical educational establishment with III-IV accreditation level in clinical residency.
- Probation of physicians who had taken a break in their practical activities.
- To establish scientific substantiated standards for postgraduate education.
List of specializations for Postgraduate studies:
|Internal medicine (Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology)||Neonatology|
|Forensic Medicine||Children’s Gynecology|
|Ophthalmology||Microbiology and Virology|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||Oncological Gynecology|
|Pediatrics||Organization and Economics of Public Health Service|
|Traumatology and Orthopaedics||Pathological Anatomy|
|Neurology||General Practice – Family Medicine|
Quick Facts: About Bukovinian State Medical University
|Accreditation||4th Level of Accreditation|
Admission Process: For MBBS Course at BSMU
The admissions are open for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Bukovinian State Medical University from 1st july to 1st octoberof every year. If the candidate have satisfied the eligibility criteria then he/she will get an opportunity to study MBBS in Ukraine.
Step 1: Fill the university application form with all required documents.
Step 2: After reviewing your details regarding Eligibility criteria, documents etc. you will get an invitation letter from Bukovinian universities.
Step 3: When you are getting an invitation letter, it means you are eligible for applying Medical Course in Bukovinian universities.
Step 4: The candidate should have to apply for student visa in Ukrainian embassy of respective country.
Step 5: The candidates should have to deposit admission fee as per Institute/College Norms.
Documents Required: For an Admission Process
- Filled application form with affixed passport sized photographs
- Visa application form (sign of a student mandatary)
- Original Valid Passport
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Original copy of 10th class board certificate
- Original copy of 10th class mark sheet
- Original mark sheet of 11th class
- Original mark sheet of 12th class
- Attested copy of character certificate with passport size photographs
- Fully filled MCI application form (sign by the candidate)
- One attested photograph on MCI application form
Eligibility Criteria: For MBBS Course
- Students aspiring MBBS from BSMU must be appeared for a subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th class and should have qualified with minimum 50% marks.
- The medical aspirant should have to clear NEET entrance exam. No additional exams will be taken for admission to Bukovinian State Medical University
- The candidate age should be 17 years as prescribed by Medical norms.
- The candidate should have a character certificate approved by respective authorities.
Bukovinian State Medical University – Ranking 2020
As per UniRank (4icu), Bukovinian State Medical University – Ranking
Complete MBBS Course Syllabus at BSMU
|Human Anatomy||Medical Biology|
|Ukrainian Language||General Surgery|
|Emergency Medicine||Physical Education|
|Medical Hygiene||Operative Surgery|
|Obs.& Gyn||Sports Medicine|
|Obs & Gyn||Pediatric Surgery|
|Infectious Disease||Forensic Medicine|
|Family Medicine||Infectious Diseases|
|Tuberculosis||Obs & Gyn|
Awards and Ranking: For Bukovinian State Medical University
- In 2012, the University has maintained 11th positionin national rate of higher educational establishment
- The university has got 2nd rankin “WEBOMETRICS” among all other medical educational establishments in Ukraine
- The university occupies 4394th position in World Ranking of Universities.
- As per Country Based Ranking, the university has got a rank in 38th position.
Scientific Research Programme
The scientific research society works progressively at BSMU. With the student’s area of interest, they will gain a practical and theoretical skill of working with scientific literature. During the 2nd and 3rd year course of study, students can participate in practical researches or in the programmes organized by research department of medical discipline. As per student’s involvement in research projects, upto the 100 scientific papers are published every year.
Bukovinian International Medical Conference provides the platform for students who want to present their work and research results. Young scientists from all over the world are welcome to participate in the event. English is a conference language for every foreigner. Also, the university organizes the online lecture by professors and practitioner from Poland, USA, Spain, Switzerland.
The BSMU invites the educators from India to teach students so that they can be qualified in MCI Screening Test or Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE).
It’s pleasure to have a honour as head of “Bukovinian State Medical University”.The University has a high standard of teaching, research and support. From the past decades, the University staff has trained numerous Medical and Pharmaceutical specialists who now performed with dignity in mission of preserving human health.
We do our best to equip the students with knowledge and with medicine, nursing and healthcare. We provide Powerful education, material and technical bases, highly professional pedagogical personnel, introduction of modern information technology to promote the profession of medicine.
Many laboratories with modern equipment are available in the preliminary department. Chernivtsi clinics are there helping the students to conduct researches.
So, this is the reason why HSEE of Ukraine ”Bukovinian State Medical University” attracts the thousands of medical candidates to pursue a Medical education in Ukraine.
Structure of Bukovinian State Medical University
University includes a lyceum, Vashkivtsi, Chernivtsi, Novoselitsa and Kovel Medical Colleges, four medical faculties, the faculty of dentistry and pharmaceutical faculty, the scientific training institute of postgraduate education, preparatory departments for Ukrainian and foreign students.
Nowadays the University has 12 academic buildings, all the clinical departments are located in 32 medical and pharmaceutical institutions of Chernivtsi and are equipped with modern facilities.
There are 17 computer labs used for teaching, practical classes and seminars, testing, studying e-learning textbooks, on-line display of surgeries, etc. Since August 2014 one of the Emergency care hospitals of Chernivtsi was reorganized into the University Hospital.
The University library is a coordinating network which consists of 5 libraries and 9 reading rooms with Wi-Fi access system. Today the library fund includes more than 400 thousand copies. All students have free access to the library and can use its resources free of charge.
Language Used for Teaching
The medium of teaching provided to students is English and Ukrainian.The faculty have a good command over foreign language and abundant experience of training foreign students.
Innovative Teaching Technologies
1. Distance learning server
Powerful platform for providing evaporative teaching material for a successful learning of Medical Discipline
2. Electronic Journal
Modern electronic system enhanced the method of learning and mastering practical skills. It shows attendance and grades of each student rated as per their academic records.
Special Features of Bukovinian State Medical University
- Improve the quality of training of Medical students.
- Training of foreign citizens is carried out in 44 departments by highly qualified and experienced faculty.
- Classrooms are equipped with computer and video projection devices, phantoms, simulators, modern informative and visual materials.
- Chances of interacting with patients and use acquired knowledge and skills to practice medicine in India.
- The medical students of Bukovinian State Medical University have passed state licensing examinations Krok 1 & Krok 2 and got a leading position in Medical Universities of Ukraine.
- More than 50% of Indian graduates of Bukovinian State Medical University passed MCI Screening Test in first attempt.
- The university has provided training to more than 26 thousand students in Medical and Pharmaceutical specialist which includes around 800 foreign students from 70 countries.
Hostel and Accommodation
- The university has a 7 hostel with corridor type and block type buildings.
- The rooms are assigned to students with capacity of 3-4 students in each room.
- The hostel no. 2,4,5,6,7 are assigned to foreign students.
- The university’s hostel provides adequate living conditions, proper conditions for self studying and organization of leisure activities.
- All the rooms are well furnished and equipped with stuff like blanket, pillows etc.
- There are residential quarters are available such as laundry, canteen, gym and library.
- The reading hall available in hostel campus having 480 manuals of scientific and methodical literature in English.
Cost of Living in Chernivtsi (Ukraine)
Cost of living in Chernivtsi is as follows:
- Room in hotels: 15-50 USD per night
- Living in the hostel: 30-50 USD per month
- Rent of the apartment: 60-300 USD per month
Cost of Meals: (Average cost)
- Cafe: 5 USD
- Canteens: 3 USD
- Disco bar: 20 USD
- Restaurant: 30 USD
Public Transport Service
Trolleybus, taxi, bus are provided for public service. People can choose any one of them as per their convenience. Cost of tickets are:
- For trolley bus: 0,06 USD
- For bus: 0,12 USD
- Restaurant: 1,2 USD (Depends on travel distance)
Students life at BSMU
- Bukovinian State Medical University provides hostel and accommodation facilities for students with annual fees of 30-50 USD per month.
- Students hostel are located near to principal building and clinics of the university with a distance of 10 to 15 minutes by walking.
- After admitted to the university, students are split into academic groups. Separate tutor is provided for each group for the first 3 years of education.
- Studying MBBS at BSMU is like attending well-organized tutorials with living of historical city
- The university has a palace namely “Akademichnyi” where the cultural activities and important celebrations held for students.
About Chernivtsi City
Chernivtsi is a city of western Ukraine, economic and political center of Northern Bukovina.The city has one of the cultural and educational centers of Ukraine. It is a city of old traditions with innovations over 600 years in dynamic and cultural architecture, exquisite art. Chernivtsi region borders on Ternopil, Ivano–Frankivsk, Khmelnytsky and Vinnitsa regions of Ukraine, Romania and the Republic of Moldova.
The Chernivtsi city is well-known for various culture of nationalities and warm hospitality of inhabitants.The major part of a Bukovinian State Medical University lies in the city. At Chernivtsi City, you will come across with a soul of ancient Bukovnya, legendary Carpathian mountains and intellectual societies.